javaDAW 5.0.3 FREE
javaDAW for Windows
JavaDAW is the first succesful music sequencer or DAW completely build in java.
JavaDAW can be installed on a Windows machine or Mac. All the necessary files to run javaDAW are available
in the .rar file. JavaDaw creates a javadaw home in your $USER_HOME directory with Projects,
Export and Resource sub-directories. Download the Instruments and place them in the resource directory.
JavaDAW will only work with the java 32 or 64 bit JRE installed.
To be downloaded from :
Oracle (java JRE).
The installed JRE determines which javaDAW version will be used. De wrapper will search for a valid JRE install.
Do not mix 32 bit and 64 bit plugins in the VST folder. Best practice is to create a separate folder
for the 32 bit plugins and a seperate folder for the 64 bit plugins.
(!) Be sure to install java under C:\Programs Files (64 bit) or C:\Program Files (x86) (32 bit).
javaDAW is FREE software and personal use is allowed. JavaDAW may not be used for commercial purposes
without written permission of the owner (see e-mail adress below).
javaDAW supports 90% of the common VST2 32 bit plugins and a large part of VST2 64 bit plugins.
There are tons of excellent FREE plugins available. Check out REAPLUGS or VST4FREE. JavaDAW is not ready yet for VST3.
(!) For the plugins of IK mUltimedia it is important to start javaDAW in Admin mode
(select Properties > Compatibility > Execute as Admin).
javaDAW for OSX (Mac)
JavaDAW (Beta) for the Mac is released. For OSX the jnilib' s are used.
The jnilib (64 bit from 10.7 on) should be placed in the /System/Library/Java/Extensions directory on your Mac.
The jnilib has been rebuild for COCOA support and 64 bit OSX.
What is new in JavaDAW (5.0.3)
- 32 and 64 bit versions removed. One javadaw.exe searches for active JRE
- Extra sliders added for offset and scaling
- Shift left/right increase/decrease offset
What is new in JavaDAW (5.0.2)
- jDrum3 and jBass3 instruments are added (for Drum'n Base)
- jOrgan instrument is added. Download the resources
- Improved loop function. Add notes while javaDAW is running
- Press L to activate/deactivate loop function
- Press D to change track color
javaDAW Set Up
- Download the exe (W7)
- Download and install the JRE that you need (32 or 64 bit)
- Start JavaDAW once to create all directories
- Install ASIO4ALL (W7)
- Install the Instruments in the \$USER_HOME\JavaDaw directory
- Choose C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VSTPlugins for W7
- Choose /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST for OSX
- At first start-up, scan the VST Plugins on the resourcepanel (F1)
- Insert a midi track
- Insert a drum clip (key I) on track 1
- Select the Pluginbar (F3) and select a plugin (right mouse click)
- Hit the space bar to play the clip
- Watch the Youtube video (older version)
Bug fixes (30-1-2015)
- [30-1-2015] Improved VST scan procedure. Distinct scan of 64 bit folders and 64 bit plugins
- [30-1-2015] Improved UI for jLimiter and jCompressor
- [30-1-2015] REAPLUGS not loading because of wrong VST version. Set to VST24 standard
- [30-1-2015] Delete track leaves wrong channel in pluginbay
jDrum VIP 1.0
jDrum for Windows
jDrum is a software drum sequencer specially designed for Virtual Impaired Musicians.
jDrum comes in two versions: Jdrum VIP for visual impaired people, and jDrum Plus for musicians with sight.
jDrum VIP and Plus are fully controlled by the keyboard and do not require mouse commands.
jDrum will only work with a java JRE installed.
Buy jDrum VIP for 19 Euro